THIRTY POEM CHALLENGE
Updated: Oct 12, 2019
Inspired by an old social media 'game' from 2010, the Thirty Day Photo Challenge. I essentially adapted it for poetry. You could probably adapt it for fiction or memoir or songs or whatever you like. I'm putting it up in hope that it'll help you. Maybe you need some inspiration to come out of a bad bout of writer's block. Maybe you want to expand your portfolio and don't know where to start. Or you just want to try it for the hell of it, and use it to experiment with new styles and forms.
The original deadline I set was thirty days, but I found that this was a bit much for me. You can set any deadline you think is realistic. I'll keep you posted on my own progress, and link it in here as I go along.
Feel free to tag me or use the hashtag #thirtypoemchallenge if you found it helpful. I'd love to see the work that comes from it.
1. A poem of ten lines about yourself
2. A poem about the person you have been closest to the longest
3. A poem about/inspired by your favourite TV Show
4. A poem about your night
5. A poem about favorite memory
6. A poem about the person who’s gotten you through the most.
7. A poem about a crazy/unusual adventure/encounter.
8. A poem about something you hate/fear
9. A poem about something you love
10. A poem about your favourite band/artist
11. A poem about life/death
12. A poem about someone you couldn’t imagine your life without
13. A poem about someone who inspires you
14. A poem about something that has made an impact on your life recently
15. A poem about your insecurities
16. A poem about your identity- what makes you you?
17. A poem about travelling/vacation/holidays
18. A poem about something you wish you could forget
19. A poem about some thing(s) you wish you were better at
20. A poem about or inspired by your favourite book
21. A poem about some thing(s) you wish you could change.
22. A poem about your day
23. A poem about something that means a lot to you
24. A poem about a family member
25. A poem about some thing(s) you are afraid of
26. A poem about things that made/makes you smile
27. A poem about someone you miss
28. A poem about trading places/lives.
29. A poem about something you treasure/cherish
30. A poem about what makes you laugh. AUTHORS NOTE: I have made some changes to some of the prompts, as they are a bit too specific for what I had hoped for the challenge. I'm addting links as I go along, as here are some of the poems here that I want to try and get published in other places.